Canvas is a heavy variety of cotton. These are tough and premium, in both looks and feel. Like cotton bags they can be dyed to matching colors and printed using various techniques such as silk screen, process, transfer etc. Heavier canvas bags find up-market usage and are preferred by exclusive stores, premium exhibitions, schools and libraries etc. Canvas can also be laminated on the inside to provide a stand-up structure to the bag. These are known as Laminated Canvas bags.
Why Canvas ?
- Heavy Cotton is known as canvas. It is a heavy duty plain woven fabric.
- Organic canvas is made of cotton grown without the use of any synthetic agricultural chemicals.
- Canvas is used for making premium bags.
- Canvas provides a sturdy and quality finish to the end product, where as cotton is more flimsy.
- 8oz Cotton fabric and above is generally referred to as canvas fabric.